This canal was started in 1792, finally finished in 1845 and closed in 1881. It runs from Hereford to Over just outside Gloucester. The canal trust proposes full restoration. The Wharf House at Over has been restored and work has started on repairing locks. GVCV are due to carry out their first task for HGC – small tree felling – at Newent in autumn 2015.